When submitting an entry form, please keep the following dates in mind. It is imperative that one representative from each nominated group/organisation can commit to attending the awards ceremony:
- Entries for awards open: 1 February 2017
- Entries for awards close: 5pm, 31 March 2017
- Long listing: between early-April to mid-April
- Short listing for finalists (3 finalists per category): between end-April to mid-June
- All applicants will be notified of their success by end-June
- All shortlisted finalists will be notified by telephone and further instructions will be provided with regards to the additional material that they need to submit by 28 July (i.e. 10 photographs, 100 word paragraph and further key contact details. This information will be incorporated into a short film clip about the project, for display at the awards ceremony, along with the event programme)
- Closing date for attendance tickets to the awards ceremony: 5pm, 8 September
- Awards ceremony: 21 September, The Marriott Glasgow.
All short listed entrants will be asked to submit additional material.
The additional material will be 10 photographs, a 100 word paragraph about the project and key contact details for further information about the project. Further guidance, regarding these additional pieces of information, will be provided to short listed entrants, during their notification telephone call in late-June.
These pieces of information will be incorporated into a short film clip, for display at the awards ceremony and into the event programme, to tell the audience about your project and to promote future networking opportunities.
By submitting an entry form you understand that the materials collated during the process may be edited to enable use in a variety of formats but this will not change the sentiment of the views expressed therein.
By sending in an entry form you are agreeing to participate in all publicity associated with Scotland’s Dementia Awards and the future promotion of the event. All material can be used by any of the associated partners of the event.
The judging panel will consist of members from the NHS Education for Scotland and Scottish Social Services Council programme board.
Please note that judges cannot take part in the compilation or submission of any application.
Judges will base their decision only on information contained within your entry form.
The judges’ decision is final and non-negotiable.